To all the wonderful young people from Inner Flame who worked so hard last month (November).
- Dug tree wells round many of the trees in the picnic field and infilled with bark chippings
- Learned how to use the mower and the strimmer
- Finished mowing the wildflower meadow in the Ballman Field
- Mowed the area in readiness for the Celtic Tree Circle, also in the Ballman Field, and cleared some of the brambles there
- Cleared the overgrown area beside the brook, on the other side of the orchard
- Put up an insect shelter
And thanks to Jason Dilworth who is teaching us coppicing.
Thanks, too, to the people from Twigs, who have been clearing more of the brambles in the Ballman Field this week, in readiness for some tree planting around what will be the Celtic Tree Circle.
More thanks – to Old Town Rotary Club Charity Ball
Who have awarded us funding of £2,400 towards our tractor & accoutrements purchase (oh, how we are looking forward to being able to benefit from our tractor … when it gets here). This will prove of huge worth to us, being able to do in a few hours what would probably take us days or even weeks to achieve.