Present at meeting: John Ballman, Steve Thompson, Sue Gwinnell, Josie Lewis, Bob Sherman, Mary Farragher
Apologies for absence: Kate Henery, Amanda Musto, Marieanna & Andrew McPherson, Stuart Batsford
Minutes of last meeting: Accepted as a true record by all but Josie who insisted that the first sentence of the third item under ‘Matters Arising’ was not sufficiently clear [‘Towards 8,000 Trees’ project – Josie raised matter once more about legality/permission for HBUF to plant trees on leased property.]. Her suggested amendment was not accepted by the meeting.
- Josie presented document ‘The Sarsen Bridge Path – Your Right of Way could be lost after January 2026’, together with a form ‘Right of Public Right of Way Evidence Form’, which she exhorted the members present to fill in.
- Our Co-operative Bank account – this will be closed on 1st Our application for a Lloyds Treasurers account is in the pipeline but Mary needs to chase it up.
- £5,000 grant from the Parish towards purchase of tractor/maintenance of same, from Derique Montaut. Mary needs to let the Wiltshire Community Fund know about this.
- The trees purchased via Jonathan Wilshaw were planted last weekend by Josie, Kate and Sue. They were thanked by the meeting.
- The consultation minuted to take place on 4th February did not do so. It was realised that this was too short a time span.
- Ellie Ewing, a contact via Community First, a charitable trust based in Devizes, will be guiding us through much of the consultation/advertising for our ‘Towards 10,000 Trees’ project.
- Concern expressed about the amount of space taken up by sit-on mower (difficulties getting to other equipment there). Steve to ask John Piggott to remove it since it doesn’t work.
- Decision to change the lock on the shed – Steve to organise.
We will investigate this (online charitable funding) further and discuss/make decision at next meeting.
All items already covered under Matters Arising.
- Sue reported that the Scouts would like to come and do a morning’s work – we need to consider what we could ask them to do – next meeting.
- Road planings – Mike Ashmore has left and there’s a new supervisor at Street Smart; Josie will follow up to find out if they will still complete our paths for us.
- We have applied to the Co-op for a grant to do a chainsaw course.
Meeting closed 8.00
Next Meeting: 7.00 Monday 11th March 2019, St Barnabas Small Hall.