1.  Present at meeting:

Steve Thompson, Sue Gwinnell, Kate Henery, Josie Lewis, Bob Sherman, Mary Farragher

2.  Apologies for absence: John Ballman

3.  Minutes of last meeting: Accepted as a true record.

4.  Matters arising:

Tools inventory – we will do this in drier weather

5.  Chair’s Report:

1)  Steve mooted idea of offering a couple of seats (i.e. trusteeships) to the Parish; this to facilitate decision-making.

The vote for this proposal netted For – 5; Against – 0; Abstention – 1.  Proposal carried.

2) Following the Parish Leisure & Amenities Committee meeting on Wednesday 8th January, wherein Steve’s plan of the planted/planting proposal sites was rejected as being under-detailed, Steve and the Estates Manager, Andrew Briggs, worked on a new, more detailed plan which was then to go to the GIS program to be turned into a map.  Once this is returned, Steve will get it out to us.

3) Steve commented that it was out of order for Josie to have contacted the Advertiser (two articles on 4th and 10th January) about the HBUF tree-planting.  He asked her if she would resign.  She said that she wouldn’t, and intended to remain in order to keep us all “on the straight and narrow.

6.  Tree-planting:

1)  Steve reported further on the 18th December 2019 full Parish Council Meeting, and the fact that, in planting on the Cricklade Field, we had jumped the gun, before final agreements with the Parish were in place.  He also commented on the fact that, at that meeting, it was agreed that the trees planted there would be left in place.  Josie argued that there was a missing phrase (“ … for the time being”) after that clause.  The Group understands, however, that the minutes of record of that meeting show that the Parish Council have decided to keep these newly-planted trees where they are. 

2)  The Parish has agreed that we may go ahead and plant under-storey plants (eg holly, hazel) in the ash area to the west of our site.  Steve proposes that we have a work-party to do this on Saturday 18th January at 10.00.  We will meet in the car park beside the Pinehurst Road.  Steve will put this on Facebook and Mary will put on the web page.

3)  Kate agreed to order the trees needed for the Celtic Circle.

AOB 

We need to sort out and clear away our things at the edge of the woods i.e. cardboard boxes, plastic shelters and anything else still there.

Meeting closed 7.40pm  Next meeting: Monday 10th February 2020, 7.00, St Barnabas small hall.