May 2018

Minutes of HBUF Meeting, St Barnabas Small Hall, Mon 14 May 2018

Present at meeting: John Ballman, Steve Thompson, Josie Lewis, Bob Sherman, , Mary Farragher

Apologies for absence: Amanda Mustoe, Sue Gwinnell, Kate Henery

Minutes of last meeting: Accepted as a true record.

Matters Arising:

  • Mini-dumper wouldn’t start for us; Mary will contact firm to ask for refund
  • Planings quote: £110 lorry load from Council
  • Bee hive put up on Sunday 29th April
  • Droppable bollard – nothing done yet
  • Britain in Bloom booklet available
  • Photos from John and from Josie – they will send to Steve
  • Litter-picking has been done
  • Nappies – reported to Street Smart

Chairman’s Report:

  • Mower in for repairs at Handy’s. John suggested approaching Gladys Barr (now working for Parish) for help applying for grants (tractor/sit-on-mower) – Steve to do.
  • HBUF bank account – £590 on bee hive; £300 on drivers & diggers; £247 insurance to be paid next month; c£1100 left in bank.

General Data Protection Regulations:

New regulations necessitate a) we have a policy on same (John suggested asking Andy Reeves) and b) that we must contact everyone on whom we hold information for their permission to continue doing so.  Josie will contact everyone on her members’ list as they have to opt in.

Dangerous Trees:

SBC has never acknowledged responsibility for dangerous trees; two trees in HBUF need pollarding and a third tree cut down.  Possibility of approaching Parish to help on this – John to investigate.  Rob Core will send quote for work.

Corporate Volunteer Groups:

  • Work for Wiltshire Wellbeing group – to hoe wildflower meadow in order to knock down thistles
  • Josie will ask VAS for any corporate volunteer suggestions
  • Steve to ask Nationwide; Vets for Pets also a possibility
  • Steve and Josie will measure distance for road planings this week

AOB:

  • Wildflower meadow query from Amanda – we have no timescale as yet
  • Josie suggested Jonathan Wilsher as source of wildflower seeds

Meeting closed at 8.00

Next Meeting: 7.00 Monday 11th June, St Barnabas Small Hall.