Present at meeting: John Ballman, Steve Thompson, Kate Henery, Josie Lewis, Bob Sherman, Mary Farragher, Stuart Batsford
Apologies for absence: Amanda Musto, Sue Gwinnell, Marieanna McPherson
Minutes of last meeting: Accepted as a true record
- Steve reported back on meeting with SBC Councillors – they will undertake services search on the land we wish to plant trees on; we will need to do public consultation – will Parish support this? Overall optimistic outcome we felt.
- Josie continuing with Tiverton Field overhaul – Nationwide team on 1st November; Payback Team on some Sundays. Wellbeing group also one day soon. Her lodger has flail mowed as well, for free. She intends to plant trees (sourced through J Wilshaw) in some areas in Tiverton Field as well once clearing has taken place.
- Street Smart cleared out pond
- Fast Plant – Mary approached Advertiser about coverage of story but no response
Consternation was expressed over fact that Josie has contacted Wiltshire Wildlife Trust with a view to possible merge/takeover of HBUF. This had not been suggested or agreed by the meeting in September.
Already covered under Matters Arising
Future of HBUF:
It was felt that this, too, had been discussed already under Matters Arising
- Britain in Bloom award for HBUF. There should be award ceremony locally at some point, about which we will inform The Advertiser
- Coppicing – Steve suggested we should tackle some of this ourselves using bow-saws this winter – meeting agreed we would do some work parties – area north of the sleeper bridge and goat willow at the opposite end of the Ballman Field to the sleeper bridge.
- Open Spaces Society useful organisation for HBUF to have as contact
Meeting closed 7.55
Next Meeting: 7.00 Monday 12th November 2018, St Barnabas Small Hall.